Sunday, October 16, 2011

More About Carrot

Carrot is the 'baby' of the family. His eyes are the color of pumpkins or carrots. He is a tabby, like "Morris" only his colors are cream and not so orange. He is a really cute cat.

See:


The other two were about two or  three years old so this little guy had to constantly be running and watching. Scar in particular was merciless; at least Atilla was a little gentle with him.

He is very loving. He will jump up on your lap to be held; will head-butt you to show love. He tucks his head into your chest or hands and just ABSORBS all the positive energy. He can sit there with you for hours (I imagine).

Despite his cuteness and affection, Carrot is in the wrong home.

He needs a home where there are no kids or other pets so he can get over his skittishness. Maybe because I have a son who is a handful, or there are too many cats interrupting my need for peace, whatever the reason, the bonding process for me and this cat, stopped. It in fact reversed. I never got to enjoy his kitten antics for very long before the stress of having three crazy cats and a son who hates school got to me.

And how did Carrot contribute to this stress and reversal?


Well for one, if he wants in a room and the door is shut, he shreds at the carpet. Good thing the house flooded and the carpet was replaced.

He eats things that irritate his bum later, like rubber bands, strings. So he "scooter-pies" across the floor, sometimes leaving a trail of nastiness. Again, good thing the house flooded and the carpet was replaced.

He is skittish. If you walk near him, he dashes for cover, sometimes so frantic that he loses traction on the linoleum and slams into a cupboard. And why? Because I'm walking past? Annoying.


He doesn't cry like normal cats; he actually sounds like a monkey and his face gets all squished up and looks angry. He's not, he's just got a different kind of face. This is amusing. Unless he's screaming at me and I'm busy - then it's just annoying because in addition to being different, it's also loud.

He tends to get into it with Atilla, who was always so good to him. He challenges Atilla, stiff, eyes bugged out and moving in slow motion, only his "caterwaul" sounds all high-pitched and sweet. Not at all intimidating. Also amusing, unless I'm working and on a call. How to explain that?

He has mellowed out. Since the flood, he has scooter-pied but mainly to relieve itch. It still grosses me out to know that there are areas of the floor that he has wiped his bum on and I might have my face laying on it.

He hasn't shredded at the carpet - except that time he accidentally got locked in my office. And that was a cutout piece of carpet that was laid over the threshold of all the doors just in case he started shredding.

So it's not so bad. He still deserves a home where someone can enjoy him because he is a sweet and funny cat. I'm just too uptight to appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment